Tuesday, September 20, 2011

How It Went Down - September 16, 2011

VERY VERY VERY busy show this week. Somehow I agreed to try to squeeze every last moment of my time slot and accommodate five separate guests, including two live sessions. Criz-nazy. By phone, I was joined by Young Rival and Wildlife (who were both opening up for Hollerado at the West End on Saturday) and Royal Wood (who played the West End on September 18th).

In the studio, I was joined for interviews and live sessions with Little House and Zoppa, both of whom were appearing at the I'm Trying Records showcase at the LO Pub on Saturday the 17th.

Here's what was played:

Set One: 6:30 PM - 7 PM

Warm Ghost - "G.T.W.S." [Partisan]
Young Rival - "The Ocean" [Sonic Unyon]
Wildlife - "Stand In The Water" [Easy Tiger Records]

Set Two: 7 PM - 7:30 PM

Little House - "Sounds Not The Pavement" [Live at UMFM]
Little House - "I Don't Want To Know" [Live at UMFM]


Set Three: 7:30 PM - 8 PM

Zoppa - "I Just Wanna Drive My Car Thru The Ocean" [Live at UMFM]
Zoppa - "Fuck The RCMP" [Live at UMFM]
Zoppa - "Untitled" [Live at UMFM]
Royal Wood - "Ain't No Sunshine" [Six Shooter Records]


This Friday is another busy one - I'll be joined in the studio for a live session and interview with Keith Price and his jazz trio (his new album Gaia/Goya is being released at Aqua books this Saturday the 24th). I'll also be talking to the organizers of the Winnipeg Improv Festival (which starts today [the 20th] and runs until the 24th), and I'll be talking to the Pains of Being Pure At Heart before their Winnipeg show on the 28th. I had the opportunity to sit down with UK artist Sara Lowes, whose debut LP is out on Hidden Pony. She was in town yesterday with Said The Whale and Rah Rah - our interview will also air on Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment