Tuesday, June 7, 2011

UMFM Open House & TGIFR

So this Friday (June 10th), I'll be hosting a special broadcast of TGIFR as part of UMFM's Open House events [further details here].
















And speaking of Details, I'll have Winnipeg's own pop-rock perfectionists The Details in studio to kick things off at 6:30. They'll be playing a set in our new live band room, and talking about their new record Lost Art, which gets its release at the West End on Saturday June 11th.

My second guest will be joining me by phone - Mike Feuerstack is better known as Snailhouse and is also known as one of my favourite artists - whether he's working in Wooden Stars or Snailhouse. I'll be talking to him about his latest great album, Sentimental Gentleman.

And my final guest is Kongress, who will also be gracing TGIFR with a live performance.

If you want to get in on all the action, feel free to come down to 308 University Centre at the Fort Garry campus of the University of Manitoba between 6:30-8pm and see how live radio is made. I can't promise you'll get to go on air or anything like that, but I will have prizes for my guests and the seats are comfortable so that's something. If you can't make it down, tune in at 101.5 on the FM dial or stream it live on UMFM.

No comments:

Post a Comment