Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Friday Focus: June 24 2011

This week's show is quickly coming together. I've got an in-studio with A Waste Odyssey who have a great new EP out called We Are The Mourning People. They'll be playing some songs and answering some questions. Then I've got a phoner with Canadian indie-rock icon Joel Plaskett who has a new album of b-sides and rarities. The title is entirely too long for me to type out here. And finally I've got Swedish electronic producer Johan Ageborn. Best known for his work with Sally Shapiro, his album Casablanca Nights is sure to make people more familiar with him in the coming months. And I may just have Alex Litinsky of A.M. Overcast on to talk about his awesome new record Shepherd Moon, though it hasn't been confirmed yet.

Sadly my interview with Irshad Manji about her new book Allah, Liberty & Love has been cancelled (along with a host of other press stops), but I am in the process of lining up an interview with another author for an upcoming show. Dale Barbour has written a history of Winnipeg Beach that's a pretty fascinating portrait of this northern Coney Island.
Plus I've confirmed a live performance by This Hisses on July 15th, prior to the release of their new album on Transistor 66.

On a somewhat related note, I'll be guest-hosting The Sounds Of Science tomorrow and my special guest will be Dana Moore - aka Gt. Dane - who is back in Winnipeg to celebrate the release of Mourning Yer Host. He'll be playing some songs for us and I'll be playing some new tunes from the likes of Vetiver, EDM (fka Early Day Miners), Karl Hector & The Malcouns and Dawes. Tune in, 3-5pm CST!

No comments:

Post a Comment