Friday, October 7, 2011

How It Went Down: October 7, 2011

Well, I lied. The live session with Oh My Darling isn't happening tonight. Instead, it'll be closer to their November 5th Sweet Nostalgia CD release CD release show at the West End Cultural Centre. But I did get Electro Quarterstaff into the studio for a live session before this Sunday night's Akyroyd CD release at the Park Theatre so I'll be playing some of that. I did talk to Boots from Splash ' N Boots and Dam-Funk though, so two out of three ain't bad.

Here's what was played:

Set One: 6:30 PM - 7 PM

Smoky Tiger - "Warden of the Plains" [Manitoba Folkways]
Interview with David Wyatt & Darla Stewart from Reel Pride
Conn-Shawnery - "Chasing The Conn" [Independent]

Set Two: 7 PM - 7:30 PM

Rain Over St. Ambrose - "Chemtrails of Happiness" [Acadian Embassy]
Interview with Boots from Splash 'n Boots
Electro Quarterstaff - "Waltz of the Swedish Meatball" [Live at UMFM]
Prince Rama - "Golden Silence" [Paw Tracks]


Set Three: 7:30 PM - 8 PM

Interview with Dam-Funk
Dam-Funk - "Brookside Park" [Stones Throw]
Dam-Funk - "Inside of You" [Stones Throw / Scion AV]

*******************


I can't completely guarantee what will be on the show next week (October 14th) as I'm still firming things up with guests, but I can tell you that I have a lot of live sessions coming up, including Montreal's Bent By Elephants, and interviews with Ohbijou, authors Richard Gwynn, Nick Thompson, Frances Greenslade and more. Rest assured there will be music and arts and a heads-up on local shows.

No comments:

Post a Comment