Monday, July 6, 2009

Folk Fest Pre-Record

I'll be away this weekend, what with the whole Winnipeg Folk Festival dominating everything going on in town (seriously, the night baker is working overtime at Tall Grass Prairie Bread to make sure there's enough cookies). But I'm planning a pre-record that was going to feature my AWESOME interview with Will Holland (aka Quantic). BUT Windy-peg earned its name when we conducted the interview outside the Pyramid because the soundcheck was going on inside and when I went to edit the recording I discovered that the wind is SCREAMING through half the talk. Boo-urns to that.
I MAY have an interview with Saskatchewanian (sp?) group Maybe Smith in advance of their show on the 17th though so keep your ears peeled. Regardless I'll have some great new music.

Speaking of great new music, here's what I played on Friday:

Set One - 6:30-7pm
Bomba - Palo [Independent]
Quantic & His Combo Barbaro - The Dreaming Mind Pt.1 [Tru Thoughts]
Interview with Johan from Mr. Something Something
Mr. Something Something - Only The Maker [World Records]

Set Two - 7-7:30pm
The Phenomenal Handclap Band - Give It A Rest [Friendly Fire]
Zeus - How Does It Feel [Arts & Crafts]
The Paps - Here's What You Wanted [Independent]
Discovery - Osaka Loop Line [XL Recordings]
Serengeti & Polyphonic - Bon Voyage [Audio 8 Recordings]
Animal Collective - Summertime Clothes (Zomby's Analog Lego Mix) [Domino]
Hayden - Disappear [Hardwood]

Set Three - 7:30-8pm
Bowerbirds - Beneath Your Tree [Dead Oceans]
The Deep Dark Woods - All The Money I Had Is Gone [Black Hen Music]
Almonds, Cohen - Digging For Clams [Old Life Records]
Bidiniband - Song Ain't Any Good [Pheromone Recordings]
Nestor Wynrush - Winnipeg South Blues [Clothes Horse Records]

No comments:

Post a Comment