Friday, October 29, 2010

How It Went Down - October 29 2010

So, for the first time in a while, the show went exactly as planned. I had Maygen Kardash from SK band Violent Kin (playing the LO Pub on November 3rd) join me by phone and the folks behind Call/Response talked about the progress for the project and their big fundraiser next Friday and lastly we had Amanda Yusishen, the organizer of Tell - Tales from the 204.

Here's what I played in between interviews:

Set One: 6:30 - 7 PM

Len Bowen - Big Dreamer [Urbnet]
Teen Daze - Everywhere [Independent]
Violent Kin - Wolf [Independent]
Sun Airway - Shared Piano [Dead Oceans]

Set Two: 7 - 7:30 PM

Breathe Owl Breathe - Own Stunts [Hometapes]
Bokononists - The Future Is Dead [Independent]
The Details - Surface Breaks [Independent]
The High Dials - I'm Over You (I Hope It's True) [Rainbow Quartz]
Eskmo - You Go, I See That [Ninja Tune]
Humans - Mon Ton Ton II [Blood & Water]

Set Three: 7:30 - 8 PM

Jess Reimer - Sweet Darling and Sorrow [Independent]
Sara Mitra - Sunday Morning [Build An Ark]
Grimes - Sagrad [Arbutus Records]
Little Dragon - Runabout [Peacefrog]
The Very Best feat. Mo Laudi - Angonde (Remix) [Crammed Discs]

Next week we'll be talking to Winnipeg MC Len Bowen about his new EP and my interview with John Ralston Saul will likely air as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment